The Blackfriars Teaching School is a cohort 3 teaching school alliance. Although in our infancy as a teaching school we already have a successful record of providing high quality support in and beyond our local Community.
Blackfriars is a part of the Blackfriars Coppice Federation of special schools which currently includes 3 very different special school settings including an FE College. The alliance partner schools consists of; 3 secondary schools, 2 of whom form a federation, and their partner primary schools. Chester University, Keele University and Staffordshire University are strategic partners. We have also formed a Strategic partnership with Staffordshire Special School Company (membership 22 Staffordshire Special Schools). We hope to use this innovative partnership to develop special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) education across the Region.
What we want to do
- Develop a locally based initiative that promotes collaboration focused on sharing and maintaining best practice and promoting school improvement
- Develop a teaching school alliance that develops SEND education, focuses on closing the achievement gap and promotes inclusive practice
- Use the teaching school alliance to ensure all staff, at all stages in their careers are well trained and well supported
- To develop an alliance of schools that value personal and organisational learning.
What we want to achieve
- Improved quality of provision and outcomes for children and young people across our locality particularly SEND provision
- Greater awareness of the range of activities needed to bring about improvements
- High quality support for individuals and our teams
- Development opportunities for our best staff
- Improved levels of collaboration and sharing best practice across and beyond our locality
- To become a respected provider of SEND education
Our particular strengths are successfully supporting initial teacher training, responding to continuous professional development needs particularly in the field of special needs and providing support to schools in challenging circumstances.