What do Teaching Schools do?
Teaching schools are part of the drive to give schools more freedom and responsibility for managing school improvement. As well as offering training and support for their alliance themselves, teaching schools identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
1. Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
2. Lead peer-to-peer professional development
3. Identify and develop leadership potential
4. Provide support for other schools
5. Designate and broker specialist leaders of education (SLEs)
6. Become involved in school-based research and development.